Yii is a structured, layered architecture and a high performance component based framework for developing web based application. YII is purely object oriented, architecturally clean and very simple to extend it. It is also simple and easy compared to frameworks like laravel. It can be easily customizable and can meet the requirements of web 2.0 application development. It can be sum up by these following points:
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) Design Pattern Based.
- The framework supports data and time formatting, number formatting, message translation and interface localization.
- Yii is especially designed very carefully so that users can use it easily and it works well with third-party codes.
- The framework also features generation of difficult WSDL service specifications and management of Web service request handling.
- It supports layered data caching, dynamic content and page caching.
- Logging and error handling in Yii framework can be done very accurately, and users are also capable of filtering, routing and categorizing to diverse destinations.
So, here are some reasons why one should choose Yii framework for their next project::
A lot easier to install –
As compare to other frameworks, yii is a lot simpler to install without facing any difficulty.
Highly Secure –
When we develop any web application, security is the major concern of it. Yii is one such framework that has excellent features to help you out in combating with the security threats. Yii security app component comprises a lot of methods help assist in developing more secured application.
Fully Extensible –
All the components of this framework are highly extensible and can be customized enough to suit the requirements of the users.
YII has the extreme performance compared to other frame works.
Best Caching features –
YII provides various cache components to store cached data in different media. While comparing to other frame works YII has an excellent caching system.
Friendly with third-party code –
YII is also designed to work with third party codes. You can use code from PEAR or Zend Framework in your YII application.