Spring Boot a framework for packaging the spring application with sensible defaults. The main goal of Spring Boot Framework is to reduce Development, Unit Test and Integration Test time and to ease the development of Production ready web applications very easily compared to existing Spring Framework, which really takes more time. Spring boot is a framework developed on top of spring framework to ease the bootstrapping and development of new spring applications. It actually makes it easy to create spring powered, production-grade applications and services with absolute minimum fuss. Projects that are to be packaged and distributed will need to rely on build systems like maven/gradle. It is used with spring as a rapid application development platform with various components of spring, and has the ability to package your application as a runnable jar, which includes an embedded tomcat server.
One doesn’t need deployment descriptor, web server, etc in Spring Boot. Spring Boot is magical framework that bundles all the dependencies for one. Finally, the web application will be a standalone JAR file with embeded servers. Spring Boot is opinionated and follows the convention over configuration software design paradigm. To start a new project, Spring Boot is the way to go.
- Create stand-alone Spring applications
- Embed Tomcat, Jetty or Undertow directly
- Provide opinionated ‘starter’ POMs to simplify your Maven configuration
- Automatically configure Spring whenever possible
- Provide production-ready features such as metrics, health checks and externalized configuration
- Absolutely no code generation and no requirement for XML configuration